Dedicated Maryland Attorney Successfully Handles Family Law, Elder Law and Personal Injury Cases
Securing the present, future and legacies of families and individuals in Charles County and northern Virginia for more than a decade
At the La Plata, Maryland law office of Barbour & Hangarter, P.A., we represent clients throughout Maryland and parts of northern Virginia who are struggling with family law, elder law and personal injury issues. These types of cases affect you in the present, and they can also have a substantial impact on you and your loved ones in the future. With more than 15 years of experience as a lawyer — 11 of those as a sole practitioner — Joseph Hangarter has the knowledge you want on your side as you deal with these difficult cases.
The experience you seek from a lawyer you can trust
When you come to Barbour & Hangarter, P.A. for legal assistance, you receive the benefit of our:
- Extensive experience – In addition to having practiced law for more than 15 years, Joseph Hangarter has finance and accounting degrees and worked as a CPA for three tax seasons. This range of experience gives our firm a unique perspective on the law, and we are able to provide specific knowledge for your case that other attorneys usually do not possess.
- Respected professionalism and ethics – Joseph Hangarter is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for the professionalism and ethics he displays in pursuit of his clients’ goals.
- Personal service – As a sole practitioner, Attorney Hangarter is able to devote more individual time to each client than is typically possible at a larger firm.
A wide range of practice areas
We are a general practice law firm, with concentration in the areas of:
- Family law – If you are dealing with a case involving divorce, child custody, adoption or any other aspect of family law, we can help you get the results that benefit you and your loved ones. We also offer divorce mediation services.
- Elder law – Our elder law services include handling estate planning, nursing home law matters, Medicaid issues and powers of attorney for older clients and their families.
- Personal injury – If you are the victim of a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact an experienced law firm today
Call Barbour & Hangarter, P.A. at 301-392-9400 or contact our office online today to schedule an appointment. We offer a free consultation for anyone dealing with a personal injury or criminal law case and reasonably priced consultations in other cases.